Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Final Exam

Pi 2.0 has been a worthwhile course. I learned how to do things I had only heard about before. The most significant aspect for me was seeing how blogs, wikis, and del.icio.us sharing sites can connect people. I still have to think about how these tools can enhance my teaching. I have a broader classroom than most teachers, one that includes students, parents, and other teachers. My classroom can be as small as my office, as large as the Okefenokee Swamp. How the web technology fits into what I already do is what I am contemplating now. I feel that most good learning for adolescents happens in personal contacts, the teacher in the classroom, the advisor in a meeting, the friend helping learn a difficult subject. But the web opens others avenues for students. I think the challenge is still to create a situation where students want to learn, but I am now aware of more tools I can use.
The course itself was nicely laid out. The explorations, the challenges, and the blogs led me to learn things, apply things, and reflect on things. I liked the list of interesting sites we were given. I spent more time than I thought I would, and I still have concerns about how I can add a time consuming activity to an already full day. But I ended up satisfied that I now know a lot more than when I started

1 comment:

  1. Paul, congratulations on finishing! I'm glad that you've found some tools that you may be able to take advantage of, either for teaching or personal use.

    ReplyDelete