Thursday, June 10, 2010

Task 1: Introduction

I wrote the prior post a year ago when I started thinking about Web 2.0 ideas. Then I didn't have time to follow up. Now I’m trying again. The same questions are relevant. While working through the first Pi 2.0 lesson, I wondered how it would be to have an administrator blog available to HS teachers where I posed a question or identified an issue and invited responses. Sometimes things happen (e.g., an overdone prank, a disciplinary incident) where I spend a good part of a day or two having individual conversations filling folks in on what really happened (as opposed to what they have heard happened). I also worry about those who don’t come talk with me. A blog could also have a positive topic. I want to continue our discussion about emotions and learning, the one we started around the talk by Carol Ude. A blog may give many people a chance to respond and share and think about issues.

2 comments:

  1. The great thing about holding conversations like this via a blog is the ability to reply when you have the time to sit and compose your thoughts. With everyone's busy schedules, there is seldom enough time for people to plan set times to all sit down together. I don't think online conversations should replace face-to-face ones, but they can enhance and supplement them, so that when you do come together, everyone is on the same page and has had time to contemplate the issue at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to hear that you didn't finish this course the first time round. I have hesitated many times to start because I have been afraid of not being able to follow through this time round. I feel very much in good company, now. You are going great guns!

    I like your idea of a place to clear up the truth of what may or may not have happened.

    http://becca-pi20blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete