Thursday, June 24, 2010

Task 9: Social Bookmarking

I explored two areas of interest outside of school. First I looked up “woodworking” bookmarks. I found some familiar sites, plus many I did not know about. I also checked out “bed and breakfast” sites. I found a listing of recipes under one site that is very extensive. When I have time, I will look further. Finally, I looked at one of the recent lists and found a great summary of valuable cheat sheets under “best web design tools.” I’ve avoided social networking sites like Facebook because I don’t need another way to spend time on the internet talking with people. However, using delicious to locate information seems to be easier than Google. It would be easy to get lost in looking up neat sites listed by other folks

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked delicious - a lot of people don't like it until they have used it a while. It's one of those sites that has many useful features, but you really have to explore it to find some of them. When you don't need specific information (like a phone number or menu), then it's a useful way to find good websites.

    ReplyDelete