Friday, June 18, 2010

Task 6: Cool Tools I

You gave us quite a variety of "cool tools." I checked out the following.
Teacher tube: some really nice history presentation videos from tryCicero.com (e.g., Lincoln reading the Gettysburg address and talking about it before he read it); it would take a while to search through some junk to find a few good ones.
Library thing: one think I do to relax is read (no TV), so this site was neat; I'm currently reading detective stories and law novels and I was able to find groups that were discussing authors I had not discovered
30 boxes: a neat online calendar; my wife and I have different calendars and different ways of remembering things we need to do--this calendar could be shared with both of us entering items and seeing where we need to coordinate things; I didn't sign up yet because I've got a little worry about security (e.g., putting "trip to Maine" on a calendar), so I've got to reassure myself that no one else could read it
Tada list: a list maker's dream, you can make lists of lists; but I already think in terms of lists and use my Daytimer (which I can carry everywhere) to keep track of what I have to do

I have a cartoon in my office showing Steve Jobs introducing the iPad saying, "It'll simplify a lot of tasks you never had to do before." I have some of the same feeling looking at these electronic tools. I have patterns and methods I have developed over many years that work for me. Something new has to be really time saving or really interesting to get my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment