Friday, June 25, 2010

Task 10: Cool Tools II

I explored MixBook, a site for putting together photobooks. Looks easy, but the books are expensive, and shipping costs add even more. I also tried LetterPop, a site for creating newsletters. They have a free entry level (which includes ads). I created a newsletter for our upcoming family reunion. It was relatively easy though I had to experiment a bit to get the formatting right. I'll see how this newsletter was received by the family. We might want to pay $25 for a year's subscription and use it for our Bed and Breakfast. Both sites were set up to make creating pages simple and easy using templates. I've done things like this from scratch, so the ease of use was very nice. I would like to find a web site that is not so focused on photo albums but would allow me to easily create an online book with pages contributed by different family members. We collect stories every family reunion and put them together in a notebook we call Recollections. I'd like to find a way to do this online.

No comments:

Post a Comment