Thursday, June 10, 2010

Task 2: Creating a blog

I was finally successful setting up this blog. I had problems signing up with Google because I had created an account a year ago but didn't remember the password. I finally figured out how to reset the password and the blog part was easy. It is frustrating when I know what I want to do but am not sure the precise steps or the exact format the computer requires. I suspect students have similar thoughts like, "It is frustrating when I know the material but am not sure the precise steps or the exact format the teacher requires."

1 comment:

  1. This is coming back at you, Paul, for having posted on my blog. Your entry made me laugh. YOU forgot your password? Well, the truth is, that if I didn't use the same password for nearly everything I need a password for, then I would forget mine as well--which makes me wonder how did I ever remember the combination to my locker in high school.
    A more serious note. As I wrote on my own blog, computers scare me--and of course there are people for whom doing this is as mindless as tying their shoes. So are there students in my classes for whom their experience in them are as scary as the one I have with this task. I have to remind myself of that as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete